Ongoing Care Management & Monitoring Services
Care monitoring is the process of checking the needs of clients and the services that are currently in place are address professionally. It can serve a number of purposes, such as measuring and evaluating the progress towards goals that are identified in the plan of care, assessing whether provider services are being implemented in accordance with the care plan and determining whether problems in the service delivery may require changes to the care plan.
At Dove homecare, we monitor your ageing relative’s health on a regular or as-needed basis. We become your local and on the ground professional set of ears and eyes. The service via Dove home care is particularly important for caregivers who are unable, due to geography or other constraints, to coordinate and monitor the care themselves. We report regularly to family members and any other members of the care team.
The monitoring process is tailored to the unique circumstances and needs of the family and senior and might include visiting with the weekly or monthly further monitoring the care plan along with reminder phone calls, monitoring home support workers and liaising with other service providers.
Ongoing Care Management & Monitoring Services includes following services
- Medical Management: Attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family
- Communication: Keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client
- Coordination: Coordination with home health aides/companions
- Social Activities: Providing the opportunity for clients to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich their quality of life
- Nutritional & Health: Nutrition and health coaching
- Physical & Occupational Therapy: Coordination of physical and occupational therapy services
- Government Entitlements: Ongoing navigation of governmental entitlements
Care Management services can be especially useful in the following situations:
There has been a recent diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia, and the family needs help with legal, financial and care related planning issues
- A spouse is feeling overwhelmed by the care needs of the other spouse
- A frail older adult is alone, and the concerned family lives out of town
- A person is having problems living independently and needs help arranging for support services
- Diagnosed with a chronic progressive illness and needs assistance with future plans and monitoring
- Needs to move
- Having difficulty in managing his or her finances
Most clients using this service receive between 8 and 12 hours of service per month. Contact us for more information.
Read more about Dove home care: